HOW TO APPLY:
Please mail a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Brenda McCarty, Finance Director
Southern Oklahoma Development Association,
P.O. Box 709
Durant, OK 74702
or email to email@example.com.
For consideration applications should be received by 2:00 pm on July 27, 2018. Interviews will be by invitation only.
SODA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment of the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or other non-merit factors.
The Executive Assistant provides the necessary office and communications skills to support the executive management team in performing their responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, including, but not limited to, phone and calendar coordination, creation and distribution of public information notices and materials and written and oral communications with city, county and state officials.
- Provides administrative support to the Finance Director, including but not limited to purchasing and accounts payable processing.
- Provides administrative support to the Community & Economic Development Director, including but not limited to reviewing and processing rural economic plan payments.
- Coordinates SODA board meetings, including attendee management, materials preparation, room scheduling, room set-up and catering.
- Maintains minutes and records of SODA board meetings (serves as Clerk of the board).
- Receives/processes incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Assist with special projects, staff training and other general office tasks as needed or assigned.
- Serve as back-up for front receptionist as needed.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES
- Three or more years of professional experience working as a senior administrative or executive assistant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent communicator, including writing, speaking, editing, proofreading and computer skills with great attention to detail
- Work effectively with staff in a team – oriented environment with a positive, can – do attitude
- Adept in developing and maintaining strong relationships with management, staff, board members, and other stakeholders
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism, business judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Non- profit or customer- oriented background preferred
- Associate or bachelor degree preferred but relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a college degree.